Content creators face the challenge of juggling multiple tasks, tools and platforms to manage their content creation lifecycle from ideation to posting. This can lead to inefficiencies, wasted time, and lack of clarity and organization in the process, causing them to post less often and with less quality, hindering their connection and growth with their audience.
According to Tiktok and Instagram platform communications, in order for creators to grow their audiences and keep engagement, creators should be posting at least once a once a day. While this may seem like a low number, ideating, filming, editing and adding details to posts can be an extensive process. There is an urgent need for a solution that captures all of the short-form video activities in one place, enabling content creators to stay consistent and build their communities with ease. Creating a short-form video can range anytime between 30 minutes and several hours dependending on the platform, the creator’s niche or industry and their personal preferences/goals, the goal is to reduce this time to enable creators to post more often with higher quality. There is a need for an all-in-one solution that streamlines the content creation process, allowing creators to manage all aspects of their workload and increase their creativity, as there is no tool that can easily streamline these tasks.
User Pain Points
- Content creators have to use a variety of tools to manage all aspects of their process including: ideation, raw footage, editing, publishing and post-metrics. This creates a lack of clarity and organization in the process.
- Creators use a variety of tools to use as an idea bank, for when they are ready to create content but this is not effective given there is no functionalities to add links, notes and idea suggestions in the same location.
- There is no tool to schedule posts to different platforms at the same time, adding time invested to a non-value add activity of posting the same thing across different platforms.
- It is difficult to stay consistent and on task with all the steps for content creation. There is no easy way to standardize the process and set reminders for every step of the way.
- There is no way to track the amount of time it takes to create a post and the relationship it has to the content performance, leaving content creators with a huge gap in data to make strategic time management decisions with their content
- 50% of content creators want to post twice as much content than what they currently post
- Time to create content: According to a survey by the Content Marketing Institute, 44% of content creators spend 3-6 hours creating a single piece of content, while 22% spend more than 6 hours.
- Types of content created: A study by HubSpot found that social media posts make up 44% of total content created
- According to a survey by Animoto, 87% of small business owners who create videos use a smartphone to do so.
- Engagement metrics: Creators can use engagement metrics to measure the success of their short-form video content, including views, likes, comments, and shares.
What creators want in an idea tracking tool:
- Tailored Idea generator: creators and constantly looking for inspiration, trends and other content that is related to their own niche and goals. This would be a reliable way accessing trends and templates
- Reminders: Staying on track for each step of the process is difficult, having one app that creates reminders would be helpful
- Organize tasks: Ideas, recording, editing, caption creation.
- Auto posting in different platforms
Landing on the Solution
Features to be included
- Ideation: The tool would include a powerful ideation feature, which allows you to generate ideas based on your saved links/inspiration, target audience, trends, and competitor analysis.
- Editing: When it comes to editing, the tool offers a full suite of editing tools including: caption-to-text, cutting pauses in videos and adding stock videos to the raw footage.
- Scheduling and reminders: This tool will not only be used for when your content is ready to go, and publishing across multiple platforms, but also reminders for all the process in-between. If there is a target date, there will be suggestions for each step leading to that date based on historical data.
- Analytics: Finally, our tool includes analytics and reporting features on the process and performance. This would allow you to track your content performance and make data-driven decisions about your content strategy. You can view key metrics such as time spent in each step of the process, what type of content has taken longer, engagement rates, click-through rates, and conversion rates, all within the tool.
Explanation of Solution
In summary, our tool is the ultimate solution for content creators who want to streamline their workflow and create high-quality content efficiently. With our "Board" feature, content ideation tools, editing tools, scheduling feature, and analytics and reporting features, our tool will help you take your content creation to the next level.
In the future, something that would really differentiate this tool and would disrupt the current market is the ability to edit content on the web, in real time. The feature would automatically upload the content to the cloud, with the same level of quality: enabling creators to edit from any device, and adding collaborators if necessary.
Product Manager Learnings:
- It is better to focus 95% of the time on understanding the problem to be Solved
- Not having a coding background is not a disadvantage to breaking into product, it’s about leveraging the skills we already have and upskill as much as we can
- Although there are many best practices, every PM has their own style of leading without authority. The relationships with design and engineering team will make an easier road to a successful launch
- Building in public is impactful, and learning how to create content around your goals will make the whole difference
- You can think of products as hiring an item to perform a service
- Understanding the “Job to be done” by the user will lead to more valuable Outcomes
- How to make things people Want:
- Take out the steps involved to get the job done
- Make it possible for more peopleMake it
- Possible in more situations